Large table lamp form the Burgundia Series by Svend Aage Jensen & Holm Sorensen for Soholm 1950s – with shade included
LARGE BURGUNDIA table lamp, No. 953 by Holm Sørensen & Svend Aage Jensen for Søholm in the 1950s – large black ceramic table light with vintage pink shade included, in very good vintage condition.
This exquisite black table lamp is part of the stoneware Series, Burgundia, produced by Søholm between 1956 into the late 1960s. The Burgundia Series contains table lamps, vases, bowls and dishes, all pieces are coated with a black matte glaze and decorated with graphical patterns in pastel colors (white, light blue and light yellow). The shapes are all designed by Holm Sørensen, while the decoration is designed by Svend Aage Jensen.
This No. 953 BURGUNDIA table lamp has a black matte glaze with white and light yellow decoration in an imaginative abstract pattern that really catches your eye! It is stamped 953 on the bottom.
A beautiful large lamp that would attract positive attention on a shelf or on a credenza.
All original, but rewired with 1,5 m (4′ 11.1″) white plastic cord and fitted Euro-style two-pin plug, which is easily changed to your specific plug. Original on/off switch on the bulb socket. Tested and fully functional. Cleaned, labeled and packed in protective bag.
- Height: 51 cm | 20.1 inches
- Height excl. socket: 39.5 cm | 15.6 inches
- Shade diameter: 37 cm | 14.6 inches
- Shade height: 28.5 cm | 11.2 inches
- Base width: 13.5 cm | 5.3 inches
- No. of bulbs: 1
- Bulb socket size: E27
- Max Watt: 60 W
- Ceramic, Fabric
- Black, Pink
- Design year
- ca. 1950s
- Unspecified designer
- Unspecified producer
- Condition – Very Good Vintage Condition - (8/10)
- Minimal signs of usage and age – no cracks or chips. The pink shade is included and is in good vintage condition with normal signs of usage and age. Please see the photos!
- DVD item no.