MODUS EASY CHAIR
Vintage oil-treated oak chair with black leather by Kristian Vedel for Soren Willadsen in 1963. Danish mid-century modern easy chair with original upholstery
MODUS EASY CHAIR by Kristian Vedel for Søren Willadsen in 1963 – Danish Mid-century Modern oil-treated oak easy chair with the original black leather upholstery, in good vintage condition.
A gorgeous low easy chair that oozes craftsmanship, constructed in oil-treated oak showing the swirling grains of the oak on each side of the seating-frame, and the original black leather cushion, armrests and backrest. An organic, yet very minimalist silhouette with beautiful details, like the curvature on the side panels with their gorgeous swirling grain and the inviting black leather cushion, armrests and backrest.
The Danish furniture designer Kristian Vedel created the MODUS series in 1963, a series of furniture all designed with the same framing style – the curved side panels and the rounded legs. This gave the customer the opportunity to combine sofas, tables and chairs to their choosing, while still keeping the overall style. The MODUS furniture was produced by Søren Willadsen in either rosewood or oak.
An attractive easy chair and fine example of 1960s Danish design, that would make for a gorgeous addition to any home – as accent chair, extremely comfortable resting chair or reading chair or just as showpiece. The unintrusive, yet captivating design and the deep oil-treated oak color gives this piece a timeless expression – reminiscent of Finn Juhl’s Chieftain Chair.
Cleaned, treated with oil, and packed in protective materials.
- Height: 77 cm | 30.3 inches
- Width: 72.5 cm | 28.5 inches
- Depth: 63.5 cm | 25.0 inches
- Seat height: 36 cm | 14.2 inches
- Black leather
- Black, Oak
- Design year
- Kristian Vedel
- Søren Willadsen
- Condition – Good Vintage Condition (7/10)
- Some signs of usage and age. The oak frame has been treated with oil to bring life to the wood and has a few signs of usage and age. The original black leather upholstery has been cleaned with soap-foam and show some signs of wear, especially on one side where the leather would benefit from a minor restoration (see photos 7). Please see the photos!
- DVD item no.