Kemp & Lauritzen was established in 1882 by naval architect, Otto Kemp and telegraph engineer Severin Lauritzen. Together they founded one of Europe’s first telephone companies, Kjøbenhavns By-and Hustelegraf.
They rapidly changed focus to the development, installation and sales of electrical systems. Kemp & Lauritzen eventually merged with various sanitary, ventilation and electric installation companies, and today they are the largest company in Denmark, in the field of technical installations.
For a brief time, back in the 1960s, Kemp & Lauritzen produced a range of lamps for the modern Danish home. These lights are a rare find today, and there is very little information to find about them.